our fields of expertise
Our organization, European Institute for Local Development (EILD), was founded in 2009 as an independent non-governmental organization whose members are European citizens, entities and organizations devoted on supporting regional development activities and transnational collaboration.
The General Committee consists of local development stakeholders and industry leaders from various sectors and European Member States: academics, NGOs, development agents, association managers, civil servants and social economy companies, as well as European organizations for local development.
European Institute for Local Development’s mission is to provide innovative tools for the sustainability of regions accross EU while promoting experience sharing between its members and partners. Fundamentally, EILD seeks to practically support and advance international cooperation, skillful networking and further progress and growth of EU citizens.
More specifically, given the extent of the financial crisis during the past decade, European Institute for Local Development was in a position to define its mission in developing and providing direct solutions to European needs. Since then, EILD has been continually growing claiming its position and promoting its core values to both national and international level.
EILD coordinates activities and leads programs through its secretariat based in Greece. EILD's staff comprises of policy professionals and consultants experienced in implementing educational programs and regional activities promoting cooperation and sustainable regional development in remote or hard to access areas.
The Institute stands by contributing to the structure of a more balanced way of living through economic, social, and environmentally beneficial initiatives that actively enhance citizens' quality of life.
- Non-formal/ Vocational education
- ICT education and innovative educational tools
- Integration of educational solutions into mainstream curricula
- Specialized education for specific groups
- EILD focuses on understanding the obstacles that prevent people, institutions, and non-governmental organizations from realizing their developmental goals and assists them to deliver measurable results.
- EILD implements capacity building at 3 levels: individual, institutional and societal. Throughout the implementation process EILD focuses on assessing the needs, properly communicating them through experience sharing and more importanting, developing solutions to address them in a meaningful way.
- Campaigns designed to raise public awareness (national, european, global campaigns)
- Public events appearances
- Supporting of grass roots organizations (alliances, networks, NGOs, etc)
- Organizing and participating in conferences
Exchanging knowledge is a process which brings together organizations, entities, academics, local authorities, users of research and wider groups and communities to:
- Exchange ideas, evidence and expertise
- Facilitate exchange of strategies and practices
- Explore and discuss ideas and concerns related to the management and dissemination of knowledge
- Inspire collaboration between countries
Encourage innovation and the sharing of practical experience
- Access tools and solutions
- Facilitate the exchange good practices and insights